Performs day-to-day tax functions for clients.
LocationLos Angeles, Newport Beach, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego
- Complete assigned tasks / jobs
- Learn the growth process (identify and communicate growth)
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items
- Collaborate and communicate with client and team members in a professional manner
- Actively sit and pass CPA examination
- • Works with the tax team to prepare and learn to review business and individual tax returns.
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Recognizes and informs senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate.
- Completes research and special projects as needed.
- Continue developing technical skills with emphasis on developing an area of expertise.
- Gain experience to begin to delegate work to staff and able to review tax returns. The amount and complexity of work delegated will depend on experience level.
- Maintain excellent relations with client.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding work-load and project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by Seniors, Managers, or Partners.
- Overtime during busy season.
- Minimal Hazards.
- Travel to client sites overnight may be required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience and 2-3 years of experience in public accounting preferred.
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Experience serving the cannabis industry preferred
- Masters in Tax preferred
- Knowledge of CCH Prosystems is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting including bookkeeping and journal entry preparation preferred
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- Creative problem solving and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
- Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays •
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.