Department: TaxReports to: Director or Partner
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date Prepared: Aug 2017
The Senior Manager is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. In this role, the Senior Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing, communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies. In addition, the Tax Senior Manager will be critical member of the office leadership team and actively participate in the marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise and specialization while maintaining client relationships and acting as the primary contact for complex questions.
LocationLos Angeles, Newport Beach, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego
- Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
- Understands and assist in execution of growth strategies (research calls, pipeline management, COPs, etc.)
- Manage the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
- Takes care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication)
- Primary point of contact for client(s) and responsible for quality service delivery
- Review and delivery of tax services including tax compliance for corporations, partnerships, and/or high net worth individuals.
- Coordinate client tax planning and consultation with the firms business consulting efforts and assurance activities.
- Review tax provisions on audit and review engagements.
- Work closely with management as a liaison between staff and clients.
- Developing and mentoring staff and develops successors (seniors and managers)
- Recognizing opportunities for providing additional tax services to clients
- Interacts closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Plans, executes and monitors multiple client service teams, including budgets and production goals.
- Manages federal, state and local tax audits.
- Provides primary and secondary review of complex tax returns.
- Supervises, trains, develops and coaches staff and senior associates.
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Researches and documents tax technical issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Yes. Full management responsibilities for exempt and non-exempt staff within department and/or specified work group.
- Work is performed in a business office environment with limited privacy and exposure to general office environment noise from others conducting business
- Overnight travel is required approximately 10-25% of time.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of prior experience
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA license in good standing
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role beneficial
- Experience with serving the cannabis industry
- Experience with FAS109, FIN48 and IRC 280E
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionali
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in Englis
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skill